Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 12 - C Words - Centered

Today I made a panel of drapes for my daughter's room.

It's a pretty panel, and my first drapes ever. I learned a valuable lesson as I worried my head the whole time about perfectly straight lines, and "what ifs" until I was almost done.

I knew my husband would not like them. I wished I hadn't known that. But I knew that he would only tell me what he WISHED they were like once I got them up instead of allowing me a moment of gladness that I had finished and done good word on my very first drapes.

I also centered my thoughts on worries that my Mom would look too closely and see the uneven lines, or which side I sewed first and proceed to tell me how I should have done the job... I knew her intentions would be good. But I worried, and braced myself for what was probably coming, even if it was in an attitude of love.

I was very centered on how to overcome the feelings that I didn't want to have under the pressure of such "constructive criticism" and "advice" when I asked the Lord to help me do it so that it would please Him.

You know what He said!?

He said to center on my love for my daughter and forget the rest. Put love into it and make it vibrate with the focus of my positive energy and great love for my sweet girl.

And you know what? It worked. I felt it. And SHE loves the drapes. She was grateful for them. And she is happy with them.

So I'm centered on that and I'm thankful for the Heavenly Advice.

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!