Monday, July 1, 2013

Days 13, 14, 15 - C Words - Chosen, Confident, Concise

Today's word is Concise.

I'm getting behind. I admit that some days just sitting down to open my computer and remind myself what word I'm on today doesn't happen very well. I think having a "card of the day" would be an amazing addition to the system. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm currently playing "life guard" for my little swimming sweethearts and I decided I might be able to get away with writing down some feelings... as long as I am concise. ;)

The day before yesterday the word was "Chosen".

That word hung with me all day with ease. I have had several blessings including my patriarchal blessing where the Lord reveals to me that I am "choice" and "chosen" for this day and my specific, special, and important mission... which I'm still trying to define.

"Many are called but few are chosen." kept coming to mind that day.

But the bottom line is that if I am honest with what I know to be true because I believe in the great power of faith, and the authority of the priesthood, and I believe in the gift of prophesy... I have had many witnesses that I AM CHOSEN. All of use living on the Earth right now are chosen. That's a big deal. Who cares if there are so many of us. There are a whole lot more of the enemy roaming around bothering everyone. The fact that we are chosen for this time is no small thing. We are hear to do literal battle. Now to figure out what that looks like to the Lord and do it.

Yesterday the word was confident.

Have you noticed that the last definition of confident is actually NEGATIVE? Can you really be overly confident? I don't know. I think... no. Unless that confidence is in something that isn't worthy of having such trust.

But when I generally think of confidence I cap it off with "in the Lord". I suppose the dictionary people don't think of it that way...

Guess what... I didn't really even know yesterday's word was "confident" until a few minutes ago. I spent the whole weekend rushing around with a birthday party, guests, and clean up, and then I crashed hard and slept most of the day yesterday. I hope on my next go-round I do a better job staying on task. :-P

And now, "Concise".

Concise:
1) Brief; short;, applied to language or style; containing few words; comprehensive; comprehending much in few words, or the principal matters only.

I'm not generally concise in my language. I tend to be wordy and sometimes it takes me a long time to get around to figuring out HOW to say what I feel.

Most of the time when I DO something I am straight to the point and get things done well and quickly. I think there is more to this word than I comprehend. It's barely 4:10pm though so maybe by the time I go to bed I will feel more connected to it.

Ugh! Can we start over? I feel like I'm failing! (That was concise, right? LOL!)

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!