Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 6 - C Words - Compassion

Okay... It's been a busy day. I'm embarrassed to say that I only THINK that today's word is compassion.

*Time passing while I look. Jeopardy theme song playing in your head.*

Okay. I looked. I was right! Today it was compassion. And good thing too cause I don't know what I would have done to stay organized if I got out of order! LOL!

Okay. I felt compassion today.

Today I woke up and fed my hungry baby. Snuggled with my husband. And took care of my garden, which was in great need of being weeded before the good plants got choked out by the weeks which spring up spontaneously.

(How come the bugs don't eat the unwanted weeds away. They only eat my baby cucumber plants. Hmmm.)

I felt compassion for my family, and my plants. They needed me. I could see that. And I didn't feel used in caring for them. I felt glad! So grateful that I have the ability, and capacity, to take care of my stewardship.

Stewardship was the theme of the day around here.

I feel strongly that fulfilling a stewardship properly requires a great deal of compassion. In my experience compassion goes to the feelings that come to an individual to bring about a service.

That makes me think of "compassionate services". Funny. But not. I suppose you could do "begrudged services" if you had a bad attitude.

My family is memorizing a scripture. I think it's appropriate here.

"Behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water. Neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water..."

A person can do the exact same act of service with a bitter heart and mind and perhaps the service gets done the same way... but perhaps the receiving party would feel the bitterness and be sorry they were getting served.

On the other hand a person can do an act of service with a heart full of compassion, which is good, and the receiving party would feel blessed by the act of kindness.

Cause... if it isn't kind... compassionate... if it's done bitterly... is it truly and act of kindness at all? Even if the same service was rendered? I think not. The vibe would be too different. It would ooze out all over everyone. Both ways. Good fountain, or bad fountain.

I had a good day. I'm glad this was the word of the day. I really love this word of the day thing. It's so good for me. Do you feel me changing? I feel me changing.

Who's reading this anyway LOL! I had 10 people look at this blog just today. Makes me feel a little nervous! LOL!

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!