Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 11 - C Words - Careful

I'm always telling my kids to "be careful" and "take care" when referring to caution.

Through much pondering and prayer I've come to know that the Lord sees "fear" and "caution" as different things. He has prompted me to teach my children caution as a protection to them, but to be clear that they need not fear.

So, "careful" is a word that I've spent many days contemplating before this one. My eyes are pretty droopy right now though so I won't attempt to catalog the whole of my thoughts.

I will say this though:

I know that being full of care is good. Not only in the direction of caution - we live in a corrupt world. But in the direction of charity - we live in a corrupt world. These things are required here.

We have a responsibility and accountability system at our house and back talking or disobeying or whining, etc. are things that our children get held accountable for doing. There are times when my children open their mouths to commit the offense when I hold up a finger before words fly, and say: "Take care what you say."

Care has such a marvelously grand scope. And all good.

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!