Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Days 9 and 10 - C Words - Conscious

Connected and Conscious... hmmm...

Yesterday the word was "connected". It was the perfect day for that word - as has each word been all along these last 10 days.

An arrangement has been made that effects me where my efforts are valuable, and where I can serve and connect with people to everyone's benefit. But there was something that just didn't feel right. I was feeling disconnected from the long term goal of the rest of the people involved at the core of the arrangement.

Thinking on the word "connected" helped me to articulate those feelings and finally get them off my chest. It made a difference. I'm glad. I think that soon I will feel more connected to the long term goal in the eyes of the rest of the "core". I feel that I am part of that core. I have a vision to connect with the vision of others and we can all grow together. I'm so grateful for this program. I really didn't know how to articulate those feelings before.

Today's word has been conscious.

I've been very self conscious today. I think being conscious of self is a good thing. To be conscious of my children is expected of others. To be conscious of the Holy Ghost is imperative.

Until today I thought being "self conscious" was a bad thing. But conscious goes to "aware". And aware is definitely on the up and up.

I've studied the effects of the sub-conscious over the years. I've come to learn that the conscious mind is the filter for the sub-conscious mind and is very important. To ignore is to let information flow to the unbridled sub-conscious mind and allow someone else to shape your life.

Children have very undeveloped conscious filters.

So my job as a mother is to be super conscious of what they see and hear. So that I am the one shaping their lives instead of someone a little less  or even a LOT less trustworthy.

Parents with their children around their skirts or working the fields alongside them in the old days (and rarely still these days) had it right. They knew how important it was to be their children's teachers instead of allowing the less trustworthy "society" teach their children what is right and wrong... when often right is made out to be wrong, and wrong is made out to be right. It's rampant now.

These are the things that I connected with today as far as conscious goes. I think there are quite a few people who would be upset at me for voicing that particular thought. It's been pushed on us by our governors and media that "it takes a community to raise a child" for several generations now. And I am here to witness that based on what I've learned that is WRONG. It is a lie. Parents should be taking what flows to their children's sub-conscious minds into their own stewardship. It is God's plan. That's why He created the family the way He did. (Among other reasons.)

Phew! Now, I have put myself in a place to be judged if someone who doesn't do that reads this. But the bottom line is that I know it for myself, and now I'm accountable for doing it. I'll do my very best and learn to do it better every day.

Today, I have become a more conscious mother.

Love,
Bronwen


1 comment:

  1. That adage...it takes a village to raise a child...was very true back when the "village" was full of family and very like-minded and like-valued people. But you are right that it isn't true today...and that is so very sad.

    Thank you, Bronwen, for your amazing insight. You worked hard for it. Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!