Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 5 - C Words - Contrite

Contrite goes to "feeling true penitence for offending God" according to this old 1800 something dictionary.

To be bruised. Beaten. Etc. And truly sorry for offending God.

I have 4 sweet kids. There are times that they get in trouble for doing something wrong and as they sit and think over their mistake they feel sooooo sorry for themselves. So sorry that they have to sit and think it over. But... clearly not so sorry that they did the thing that they shouldn't have done.

In fact - most of the time it's very clear that they would go do it again in a second.

Don't we see that in our criminal system too? But that's just a random thought. This is about how I feel, and responded today regarding the word "contrite".

I didn't feel very contrite today. I have felt contrite before. But today... I was a good girl for the most part. (I can't say perfect because I'm sure I made mistakes, and I just don't know what they are yet.)

Today... tonight... pondering my life and the phrase "broken heart, AND contrite spirit" the thing that came to me that I never had thought of before regarding that phrase is this:

One is body and emotion, and the other is spirit. And together we have a totally devoted soul.

I want to be that.

But I don't know how to feel totally bruised and stuff every day. Especially when I have a good day and I don't know that to be sorry about.

I hope that isn't prideful. I'm ready for the Holy Ghost to tell me what I did wrong now! LOL! I'm sure there is something. I'm still working with my natural man body here. If I'm still this then I'm still utterly flawed.

Okay. Rambling. ;)

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!