Monday, July 29, 2013

Changeable - Lots of Thoughts

Changeable -

1) That may change; subject to alteration; fickle; inconstant; mutable;variable; as a person of changeable mind.

2) Having the quality of suffering alteration of external appearance; as changeable silk.

I've been with this word for a little over a week. I've been thinking of it from two different "Unchangeable" perspectives.

Sure, we can know what changeable means. For me this definition appears to be relatively negative. Particularly when I think of changeable as "repentant" and "flexible". The words "fickle" and "inconstant" send me to their opposites for insight.

My mind keeps going directly to the most perfect form of "Unchangeable" I know. Our "Unchangeable" and perfect Father In Heaven. Whom the scriptures indicate (I was so blown away!) is also on a continual, eternal progression route... just like all of us. He's been where we are - probably a very, very... VERY long time ago. But there is a scripture... (shoot! The reference eludes. But it's in the New Testament. I think in Galatians. I'm not sure now! I'll look it up when I have another few minutes.)... that says very clearly that when Jesus came, The Father's First Born Son, who had been with Him from the Beginning... That the Father made further progress.

The thought is wonderful!

I used to think that once we got done here we would be done and everything from there on out would be a piece of cake. That sounded pretty boring though. And far from "eternal progression". So I was glad to learn it keeps going forward even when we grow up from being child gods (children of God), into full blown, grown up gods like our Father and Mother in Heaven.

So, back to unchangeable.

Currently, I want to be repentant. And changeable in that I want to become pure, and I know that I'm not yet. However! I can see that when I'm taught a truth, I don't want to decrease. Which is what the dictionary definition at the top of this post indicates. Once increase is achieved, I don't want to change that back. So, my desire is to be unchangeable in that thing. And because we are increasing line upon line, precept upon precept, I can then be unchangeable in the things that I know already, and continue to build upon that knowledge even if it alters the view a bit. No need to waffle in my confidence. (I think I know some people who would call that stubborn and prideful... but confidence is not the opposite of humility. Nor is it pride. So... yeah. I know that's true.)

I feel I have successfully connected with this word! Ready to move on!

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!