Friday, July 19, 2013

C Words - Charismatic and Classic

I spent a day or three with Charismatic because I kept wanting to be dishonest with myself about it, but I got that under control.

So, according to the definition that I have, Charismatic goes to having a certain power of enchantment, or to be delightful.

I would say that adults don't find my powers so very great. But kids find me charismatic. Kids usually love me. They warm up to me and respond to me positively, for the most part. That's not to say that they don't eventually push my limits to see what will make me be NOT nice. But generally speaking I do hold a certain power of Charisma with children.

With adults, not so much. I have trouble making real friends. Usually other people will have a surface relationship with me but will not maintain a friendship with me if it becomes an issue of distance, or whatever. Everyone appears to like me alright - except for the rare sour pickle who just doesn't seem to be happy in life. Perhaps that person is jealous... at least that's what my parents taught me to think when I was young and someone was mean to me. I'll take it. ;)

My children are pretty charismatic.

Parker is charismatic.

Thomas is charismatic.

I think I understand this word.  It's a power of positive influence if used properly. I can also see how charisma could be used for serving the evil emperor of the dark side. His minions can be mightily full of charm. Perhaps charm and charisma aren't the same thing. Perhaps one is good and one is bad. Didn't someone already write about that lately?

Okay, Classic.

I have a document without a definition of classic.

Classic:
1)
*************

See.

So I had to figure it out for myself.

clas·sic  (klsk)adj.
1.
a. Belonging to the highest rank or class.
b. Serving as the established model or standard: a classic example of colonial architecture.
c. Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.
 
I like definition C. I can say that I know that I am classic. I know that classic is good. And I love classic.
 
I really don't have any other thoughts on classic. We should all be enduring to the end. We were all held in reserve for our lasting significance. We are classic and valiant. ;)
 
Love you,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!