Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Last 10 C Words. I'm behind. =-)

Comely:

1) The sense of suitableness is often from meeting, coming together, whence adjusting, putting in order.

4) Properly, becoming; suitable; whence, handsome; graceful

2) Decent; suitable; proper; becoming; suited to time, place, circumstances or persons.

   Comely:  handsomely; gracefully.

**************

Content: a.

 Literally, held, contained within limits: hence quiet; not disturbed; having a mind at peace; easy;

 satisfied, so as not to repine, objector oppose.

Content: v.

1) To satisfy the mind; to make quiet, so as to stop complaint or opposition; to appease;

      To make easy in any situation.

2) To please or gratify

Content: n

1) Rest or quietness of the mind in the present condition; satisfaction which holds the mind in

peace, restraining complaint, opposition, or further desire, and often implying a moderate

degree of happiness.

2) Acquiescence; satisfaction without examination.

3) The term used in the House of Lords in England, to express an assent to a bill or motion.

Content: n

1) Often in the plural, contents.  That which is contained; the thing or things held,

2) In geometry, the area or quanataity of matter or space included in certain lines.

3) The power of containing; capacity; extent within limits; as a shjip of great content.

included or comprehended within a limit or line; as the contents of a cask or bale; of a

room or a ship; the contents of a book or writing.

*************

Curious:

1) Strongly desirous to see what is novel, or to discover what is unknown; solicitous to see or to know;

2) Habitually inquisitive; addicted to research or enquiry; as a man of a curios turn of mind; sometimes followed

3) Accurate; careful not to mistake; solicitous to be correct.

4) Careful; nice; solicitous in selection; difficult to please.

5) Nice; exact subtile; made with care.

6) Artful, nicely diligent.

7) Wrought with care and art; elegant; neat; finished; as a curious girdle; curious work.

8) Requiring care and nicety; as curious arts.

9) Rigid; severe; particular.

10) Rare; singular; as a curious fact.

**************

Captivating:

1) Taking prisoner; engaging the affections.

2) Having power to engage the affections.

*************

Communicative:
1) Inclined to communicate; ready to impart to others.  In the sense of liberal of benefits, though legitimate, it is

2) Disposed to impart or disclose, as knowledge, opinions, or facts; free to communicate; not reserved.

***********

Considerate:

1) Given to consideration, or to sober refledction; thoughtful; hence, serious; circumsprct; careful; discreet;

2) Having respect to; regardful; as, considerate of praise.

3) Moderate; not rigorous.

inquisitive.

by after, and sometimes by of.

little used.

prudent; not hasty or rash; not negligent.

5

***************

Calm:

1) Still; quite; being at rest; as the air. Hence not stormy or tempestuous.

2) Undisturbed; not agitated; as a calm sea.

3) Undisturbed by passion; not afitated or excited; quiet; tranquil; as the mind, temper or attention.

Calm: noun

1) Stillness; tranquility; quiet; freedon from motion, agitation, or disturbance.

************

Collected:

1) Gathered; assembled; congregated; drawn together.

2) Recovered from surprise or dismay; not disconcerted; cool; firm; prepared.

***********

Colorful:

Noah doesn’t have the word in his 1828 dictionary.

Cultivated:

1) Tilled; improved in excellence or condition; corrected and enlarged; cherished; meliorated; civilized; produced by tillage.

Okay! I'm behind on my blogging. And I have discovered another reason why the word of the day thing was bothering my groove thang. ;) I tend to like to just blog about the thing I'm inspired with naturally, instead of sticking with a schedule on what I'm suppose to be inspired by... but it's okay. I'm working through my issues. It doesn't all have to be the way I decide feels good to me! I can be changeable.

So these are the last of my C words. I've gone through them all now. I didn't connect with them all. But I expect as I go through this program again and again I will connect with different things in different ways and I feel very great with that idea.

I did connect with "Calm". I have felt more calm during the past few months of my life than I ever have. I have had some extremely stressful events happen, and still... I am handling them more calmly than I would have in the past. I'm glad of that.

I feel "cultivated" and yet I know that more is to come. And I'm good with that. I look forward to the tilling. ;)

I don't have much more to say. I'm looking forward to the E words. I hope I do well at them! Action time!

Love,
Bronwen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're doing the Every Woman a CEO 90 Day Challenge with me then you're invited to comment and discuss with me. Just keep in mind, this is my personal journal of this experience. So be nice! And no spam! LOL!